Ice-cream has always been my ultimate weakness and this coconut milk ice-cream ticks all the boxes for me! Silky and not too sweet, you would never think this ice cream was vegan and especially not sugar free! So enjoy getting’ your ice cream fix without the guilt, you would never believe healthy could taste so good!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup honey
- A pinch of sea salt
Appliances and tools needed:
- Ice-cream churner
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 medium glass bowl
- 1 tupperware
- 1 whisk
- Pop your cans of coconut milk and cream into a saucepan along with the honey, vanilla and salt. Once the mixture is warm, remove half a cup and place it in a separate bowl.
- In that separate bowl mix in the 2 table spoons of corn starch, ensuring there are no lumps! Once thats done, incorporate that “slurry” back into the original mixture. Now place your mixture into the fridge until its cooled down.
- Once the mixture is cool, pop it into an ice-cream churner and once churned place it into the freezer and give it a couple of hours (if you can bare the wait) before serving.
* If you don’t have a churner, put the mixture in the freezer and give it a good whisk every 1-2 hours or so until you’re confident it won’t go icy!
I hope you love this “Nice”- cream as much as my boyfriend, family, friends and I did!