This banana bread has been a favorite in our house ever since I can remember! It is the best banana bread I’ve ever tasted, delicious, moist and not to sweet – making it pretty difficult to have only one piece at a time. Toasted in a sandwich press, served with a drizzle of honey and mascarpone takes this humble cake to another level and makes a decadent breakfast or a tempting tea-time treat!
240g Cake Flour
1 Cup of Sugar
4 Over-ripe Bananas (Mashed)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1.5 Tsp Baking Powder
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a beater until pale yellow/white in color.
- Mix in the mashed bananas until they’re fully incorporated.
- Beat in both eggs into the mixture, one at a time.
- Sift the flour and salt on top of the mixture.
- Dissolve your bicarb. into the 65ml of water and add into the mixture, once you’ve done that add in the baking powder as well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin (Medium sized) and bake at 180°C for 45 minutes or until a golden crust has formed on the top!
*Let the banana bread cool in the tin before turning it out!