This gnocchi is a version that my sisters make at their restaurant. It is so much more simple than people are led to believe and so damn satisfying! This is a version that my boyfriend and I made, that you absolutely have to try. You only need a few ingredients and a bit of time, to make this super delicious dinner that everyone will love!
- A block of Parmesan
- Two sweet potatoes
- 3.5 cups of flour /* brown rice flour to make it gluten free
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 generous cups of chives
- 1 cup of parsley
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Start off by peeling and boiling your sweet potatoes until they’re soft enough to mash.
- Once they’re soft, drain the water from the pot and leave them to cool.
- Mash up your cooled sweet potatoes with a masher until they’re smooth and then add about 3/4 of a block of grated parmesan and mix.
- To the parmesan potato mix add your flour. *It is a very sticky mixture, but if you need more or less flour feel free to add enough to the point where your gnocchi can be rolled (but try using as little as possible)
- Once your flour, parmesan and sweet potatoes are all fully incorporated, flour a surface in your kitchen and roll them into long cylinder shapes about 2.5cm thick.
- Then cut them into about 2.5cm long pieces.
- From there you will place your fresh gnocchi into a pot of boiling water until they float (Which means they’re ready). You can eat your gnocchi like this but I would strongly suggest sautéing them in a pan for a few minutes to get a good crispy outer layer to them.
- Set them aside until you made your salsa verde.
- Add your chives, parsley, lemon juice, oil, mustard, garlic and honey to a blender and blend until smooth (with a pesto-like texture).
- Once your salsa verde is done add it into a pan and heat it through with your a salted gnocchi!
- Serve in bowls with a generous grating of parmesan to top it off!