This is a super clean, delicious meal that is amazing for your everyday lunch or dinner! Its so easy to make in bulk and keep for other meals during the week. For me, texture in a meal is such a key component and so I absolutely love this because it has such a perfect balance. Vegan, gluten free and insanely tasty – theres no excuse not to make this meal, its also extremely versatile, you could add any protein if you wanted like grilled chicken or steak to amp up the meal even more! You’ll love this as an “on the go” lunch or as relaxed a dinner at home – either way, its too good not to try.
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped Chives, Coriander and Parsley
- 1 medium sized bunch of curly Kale (add as much as you prefer)
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp crushed Garlic
- 3/4 cup Toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- 1.5 Tbsp dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and place them onto a clean tea towel. Pat the chickpeas as dry as possible with paper towel.
- Place your chickpeas onto a roasting tray along with the oil and spices and mix them until the chickpeas are all completely coated in oil and spices.
- Place the roasting tray into the oven and roast until the chickpeas are crispy and golden, around 25 min.
- Add ingredients together and whisk until combined (it will separate after a while, don’t stress)
- Place the quinoa and hot water into a medium sized sauce pan and simmer for 20-30 min. until the quinoa is cooked through.
- While your quinoa is cooking, brown your chopped onion and garlic in a pan along with the cumin and a good glug of olive oil.
- You can also chop and wash your kale (remove the thick, white vein down the center of the leaf and chop roughly) as well as your herbs.
- Once the quinoa is cooked through season it with a generous amount of salt.
- Into the hot quinoa place your kale, herbs, toasted sesame seeds and dressing.
- Mix together, season if needed and then leave to cool and allow the kale to tenderize.
- Serve the salad in a bowl and top with sliced avocado, chili flakes and the crispy chickpeas!