I love, love a lemon cake, or really lemon flavoured anything. I have been wanting to make a healthy truffle version of my sister’s most delicious lemon-coconut cake they have in their restaurant! The cake is zingy, lemony and coconutty, as well as being gluten free. So having been inspired by that beautiful cake, this is my quick snack version – lemon and coconut truffles!
- 1/2 a Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/3 a Cup of nut butter (macadamia or almond)
- 1 lemon’s juiced (large lemons)
- 1 lemon’s zest
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp of Vanilla essence
- 1/2 a Cup of Honey
- 1/3 a Can of Coconut Cream
- Pop all of your ingredients into a blender and blend until combined.
- Taste the mixture and adjust it to your liking, adding honey or more lemon – whatever you prefer! If the mixture is either to wet or too dry, add more coconut oil (if too dry) or a tablespoon or two of coconut flour (if too wet) then blend. You should be able to roll the mixture into balls when cool.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for an hour, remove and roll into bite sized, snack balls.
- Pop these back into the fridge (not freezer!) to get deliciously cool and firm.
- Then enjoy! Keep these stored in the fridge, they should last around 10 days.
*One tip to take note of, is that coconut flour can be deceiving – a little bit goes an extremely long way! When testing out my recipe for this, I really struggled with the amount I should use and began by using way too much, before learning less is more in this case! It soaks up liquids and oils extremely fast, so be sparing if you add any extra, as you don’t want a dry truffle!
I hope you love these, they’re super summary, cool and fresh and make the perfect snack for a warm day – let me know what ya think of my little, lemony pebbles!