I love making healthier renditions of treats, that otherwise leave you feeling a little bit guilty. This delicious raw caramel slice is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free, but still super indulgent and definitely satisfies any sweet cravings! So I hope you love this naughty/healthy treat, as much as my friends and I do.
Taste and adjust as you bake, the base should be only a touch sweet and a little salty too – you want it as a fairly neutral base
- 1.5 Cups of Oats
- 1/2 a Cup of mixed seeds
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- A generous pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Hot water
- 250g of Dates
- 1 kettle of hot water
- 200ml coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 slab of Lindt Dark Chocolate (70-80%)
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream
- Toast your oats and seeds in a pan until they’re slightly golden.
- Pop the toasted oats and seeds into a blender and blend into a course flour.
- To the blender add the salt, honey and hot water and blend until combined.
- Press the base mixture into your pan or Tupperware of choice.
- Place the pitted dates in a bowl and cover them with boiling water for 20min to soften.
- After 20min put the dates, vanilla, salt and coconut cream into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Once smooth and blended, pass the mixture through a sieve to remove the fibrous parts of date left behind!
- Now pour your salted caramel mixture over the base and place it in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate layer.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave, be very cautious when melting the chocolate because it can burn easily – so rather melt it in 20-30 second blasts (mixing in between).
- Once melted add in the coconut cream and combine.
- Add the chocolate to the top of the caramel slice and pop it into the freezer to set for about 2 hours!