This was my first week interning at a foody company in Cape Town! Throughout the week I’ve been doing lots of food research and trend forecasting and what I realised was that people nowadays seem to be obsessed with both the obscenely healthy and unhealthy. There are millions of Instagram pages dedicated to “food porn”, sultry photos of stacks of french toast slathered in Nutella; as well as there being millions dedicated to promoting a healthier, often plant-based, lifestyle! People want to have their cake and eat it too and thats what inspired my superfood “laced” Moscow mule.
(This should make 2 Moscow Mules)
- 250ml of Ginger kombucha (I love Theonista!)
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp honey/maple syrup
- The juice of half a lime + zest
- 1 fresh lime wedge
- 2 shots of vodka per glass
- A handful of washed mint leaves
- Half fill a highball glass (or if you’re feeling fancy, a copper mug – if you have) with ice.
- Measure in your two shots of vodka into either glass.
- In a jug combine the kombucha, honey/maple, juice and zest of half a lime and the juice from the grated ginger (so you don’t have pulp in your drink – squeeze the grated pulp to get the juice).
- Stir the ingredients until they’re all well combined, but do not over whisk or stir because you don’t want to remove all the bubbles from the kombucha!
- Muddle some fresh mint in with the ice and vodka, then pour over your gingery cocktail mix!
Enjoy this delicious cocktail with a couple other beautiful people!