Having a stash of healthy snacks on hand is never a bad idea. They help curb bad cravings and keep you going on those days when you need a little extra boost! My espresso and cocoa truffles, have natural sugars and a little caffeine kick to get you through even the worst of Mondays!
- 250g Dates; chopped and pitted
- 1 Tbsp coffee grounds
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp Espresso Powder / 1 Tbsp Coffee powder
- A pinch of pink salt
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla
- Heat a pan to medium heat and place in the coconut oil.
- Once hot, place in the chopped dates and coffee grounds; cook until soft.
- When the dates become soft, begin to mash them with the back of a spoon until fairly smooth (peanut butter-like consistency).
- After about 5-10 minutes on the stove remove the date paste from the heat.
- Then add in the cocoa, espresso powder, pink salt, vanilla and mix to combine.
- To fully combine the ingredients, abandon your spoon and get your hands a bit dirty (only once the mixture is cooler!)
- Roll your mixture into balls (whatever size floats your boat) and place them into a dish dusted generously with cocoa powder.
- To finish the truffles, shake the cocoa dusted dish to coat them! Keep them in the fridge if you like them fudgier (not the freezer) or store them at room temperature.
Enjoy your chocolatey guilt free treats!