If you had to be given a zucchini, I’m assuming “cake” wouldn’t be the first thing that would come to mind! Don’t let this scare you off, think of it like a carrot cake – the carrots and zucchini both acting as an ingredient that makes the cake more tender and delicious! This cake is super chocolatey, gluten, dairy and refined sugar free; plus it has some extra added nutrition from the zucchini. So you basically have no reason not to make it.
- 1 1/3 cups of oat flour (you can blend oats to a fine powder to make oat flour)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp coffee powder (dissolved in 3 Tbsp hot water)
- 1 over ripe mashed banana
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp of pink salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1 cup grated zucchini (fine grate)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1/3 cup of honey
- A pinch of pink salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Placeall the ingredients into a bowl (simple I know) and mix until completely combined.
- Once combined, place the cake mix into greased and lined round cake tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through but still slightly fudgy.
- To make the topping combine the coconut oil, cocoa, honey and salt in glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds – stir until its a syrup like consistency.
- When the cake is baked remove from the oven and generously spoon the syrup mixture over the warm cake then leave to cool in the oven (turned off). *you can poke holes in the cake to allow the syrup to seep in more
- Remove from the oven, once the oven has cooled and the cake has been soaked.
- Remove from the tin, dust lightly with cocoa powder and enjoy! Super delish served warm!