These came about during everyone’s obsession with the banting/atkins diet. Although, I couldn’t be happier that people have moved away from being so damn obsessed with low carb everything, these crackers are objectively delicious and so simple to put together. So I thought I would share my recipe.
- 160g Almonds
- 110g Grated Parmesan
- 30g Blue cheese
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (removed form stalks) / 1 tbsp dried thyme
- Pinch of salt
- 1tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC
- Combine the almonds, grated parmesan, crumbled blue cheese, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in a bowl until they’re all evenly distributed.
- Add the water and olive oil to the mix and combine.
- Press the mix onto a baking tray lined with wax paper and press down until its around 1/2 a centimetre thick.
- You can either cut the wet crackers for more precise shapes or you can just crack them up once they’re dried and cooked through!
- Bake the sheet of cracker mix for 15 and then turn off the oven and leave the crackers to dry in the oven until the oven has cooled down completely – this will make sure your crackers are extra crisp and delicious!
* To store them keep them in a vacuum sealed container and if they happen to soften, just pop them into a hot oven and they’ll crisp up in minutes (just watch them so they don’t burn)!
These crackers would be an incredible addition to any cheese board, with hummus or just on their own!