These were just a little Sunday afternoon creation. I love baking on a Sunday, its always been one of my favourite ways to clear my head and wind down after a hectic week. These biscuits were the product of me experimenting with some of my favourite flavour combinations and with a bit of recipe testing they turned out to be damn delicious.
Makes 20 cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil (solid) or butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons sea salt
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 120g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g rose turkish delight, roughly chopped
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180C
- Combine your flour, oats, salt, sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the egg, coconut oil/butter, vanilla essence and white chocolate chunks – mix until fully combined and the white chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Roll your cookie mix into balls and place them on a wax paper lined baking tray.
- Leave fair distance between the cookies because they will spread.
- Place your cookies in to bake for around 15 minutes until golden but still soft.
- Remove them from the oven when they’re around 3-5 minutes away from being fully cooked and lightly press a few chunks of turkish delight into the middle of the soft cookie, that’ll turn into a “well” of rose jam in the middle of your cookie.
- Place the cookies back in the oven for 2 more minutes until the turkish delight has just melted and formed a beautiful pink pool in the middle of your cookie.
- Remove your cookies from the oven and leave to cool completely before placing into a tupperware for storage!